Sunday, August 5, 2007

.."a WoMaN's WiSh" SoLdiNG PRoJeCT




Tried soldering for the 1st time--it freaks me out, cuz if it's HOT enough to MELT metal, the imagine what it could do to your skin if it accidentally comes in contact with it! OUCH!

Luckily, I didn't get burned.

OK--this is a three-dimensional Vintage inspired case. It is "paper piecing/collage" inside, then covered with glass, held together with copper tape, then soldered together---finished off with pewter staining. Very fun, very artsy!

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was your first try?? That is very very nice! I was wondering how they got the burnished look, you've answered my question, thanks! You have a great blog.

Amy said...

hey there, thanks for your comment at my blog, what a beautiful creation :D

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

You are one brave girl! That would scare me to death. It turned into one fantastic piece though! Very different and original.

Rose said...

That's amazing for a first try! The closest I come to heat is my embossing tool, that's where I draw the line. BTW I think your projects are one of a kind!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!!!
I love your monkey picture too :)
Thanks for visiting meeee!

mum-on-the-run said...

Love this!! It looks fantastic!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...