Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Before & After..my shabby table

Today, I wanted to share my recent yard sale find with you...this cute little table, which was screaming for a make-over. I don't know where I found time to stop at yard sales & paint furniture (hubby thought I went out to get bagels and wondered why I was gone for 3 hours...)

I love before & after photos, it's fun to see the transformation.
I think everything has potential...


~Before~
I saved you from having to view a close-up of the bird droppings (euw!) and stickers on the table top. I cleaned and sanded it all off before giving this little darling a make-over.


~AFTER~
Ta-da! A cute Shabby table!


I love the (artificially) distressed look!


I love Shabby! I never get tired of it. Of course, I had to tell hubby that it's supposed to look this way and DON'T PAINT it! He loves to walk around the house with his can of touch-up paint and this one is off limits! ;)


I couldn't resist adding this shabby applique! Love it! Glad I kept some for myself, I thought I had sold out of them all.

Next week, I'll share with you another "before" & "after" furniture make-over...

3 comments :

Netty said...

You have made your table utterly gorgeous. What is it with men....they really don't understand shabby chic do they...lol

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I found you and I am following you! I love this table and the color is perfect. Nice touch with the shabby applique!

Carol

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Terrific makeover! The color you chose is fabulous and the rose appliqué is wonderful - especially with the addition of the blue touches on it. Make SURE hubby leaves it alone. It's perfect just the way it is.

Thanks for linking to the party. I would love to have you link up each week.

By the way, I just joined you as a follower. ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...